Cork Meetup Part 1 | LUSH

09:53


I am so delighted to say that I was co-host and co-organiser of the Cork Meet Up this weekend, with fellow Cork blogger Fiona. This was my first time organising a bloggers event and I'm so happy with how it all went. We absolutely jam packed the day full of activities, surprises and spot prizes, which kept everyone excited and on their toes.

I feel so proud to have achieved and organised what we did. We had some amazing brands on board that just blew us away with their generosity and commitment (I can't thank them all enough) From the feedback on twitter everyone had a fantastic day, made new friends, enjoyed testing loads of new products and being introduced to brands they hadn't tried, so I'm absolutely thrilled with that.

Due to everything we did, I'm going to break up the day into a few posts, as there's just so much to fit in, I don't think I can squeeze it all into one post.
We started off the morning in LUSH on Oliver Plunket St. and we were greeted by our own hashtag window, which was so cool. We then met the LUSH team, some of which were actually fellow Cork bloggers, so that was even more amazing to have them demo for us. 

We separated into groups and went to different sections in the store, seeing products from makeup, skincare, body care, bath products and the new sun protection range. It was like speed dating, we got to spend 15 minutes in each section. Everyone got to sample and test the products being shown, so we all smelt gorgeous and our skin felt like new afterwards. The whole LUSH team were so knowledgeable about all the products, no question went unanswered and anything you wanted to know, all you had to do was ask.

My favourite section was the bath products because we actually got to make our own bath bombs and then got to keep them after. I cannot wait to have a bath using the bath bomb I made myself. We then watched a demo of a pink bubble bar being made, which smelt amazing, turns your bath water pink and makes a mountain of bubbles.

I also learned that LUSH do private parties (which I never knew before) that you can do after the store hours. So if you're organising an event or party for yourself or for a charity, I would highly recommend them. Do keep them in mind for anything like that. Simply just pop in store and you'll get all the info you need.

We got to leave with a gorgeous goody bag too. Mine included my bath bomb, pink bubble bar, King of Skin Body Butter, Ultrabland Facial Cleanser and Fantasy Gold Eyeliner from the Emotional Brilliance makeup range, all of which I'm super excited to use.

Thank you so much to LUSH for kicking off the day and for making us all feel so welcome. We had an absolute amazing time with you guys and I know we'll all be back for more.


Check out what else we did on the day:


*Group Photo Credit - Fiona (dollydowsie.com)

You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. It was such a great day Sarah, yourself and Fiona are legends for organising! I'm still too emotionally attached to my bath bomb made with my own fair hands to actually use it :) Looking forward to the next instalments!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for coming Aisling, it was great meeting you. I've still to use my bath bomb (think I've becoming attached to it over the weeks now too ;)

      Delete
  2. Looks like you lot had a great day!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was a great day, we had so much fun. Can't wait to organise another one ;) x

      Delete
  3. Ah looks like ye had a great time, I'll have to travel to cork for the next one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We'd love to have you join us at the next one Sarah, would be great to meet you x

      Delete
  4. Oh id love to come to ur next one looks like so much fun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Michelle, it was so much fun, would do it all over again. Hopefully we'll get a chance to meet at the next one ;)

      Delete