Cork Meetup Part 3 | Demos

12:40

For the final part of the Cork meet up, myself and Fiona (dollydowsie.com) arranged for 3 demos in Costigans on Washington Street. We thought it was the perfect location, after the day time activities, to sit, relax and hear about some gorgeous new products.

Our first demo was from Shiseido and the lovely Emma did a full skincare routine on a model, while also letting us sample some of the products ourselves. They had had a launch in Dublin the day before, so to have Emma come all the way down to Cork for us, was amazing. Hearing all about the products and the science behind them, was just mind blowing. I've never been so surprised and intrigued by skin care in all my life.

One product which has stuck with me from the demo is their new product 'Ultimune' (the picture is from the press releasee) out this September. It is their biggest launch in 20 years. The product acts like a shield from the outside world. It reactivates the skins defense system to resist, protect, strengthen and regenerate the skins immune system from the environment. It's anti-ageing on a whole other level. I cannot wait to get my hands on a bottle.

Our next demo was from GOSH. I'm a big fan of this brand. I've featured their products on my blog before and I've also been a guest blogger on the GOSH website, so I was really excited to have them involved. Some of the bloggers on the day hadn't tried or heard of GOSH before so I was delighted to introduce them to the brand.

The absolutely wonderful Geraldine, who I'd spoken to a lot on twitter, gave us an intro into the brand and Doireann, the MUA on the day, did a demo on a model, showcasing the new products and launches from GOSH. 

It was such a treat seeing the products being applied and used on a model. I was familiar with the brand and the quality of the products, so I was delighted for everyone else to see how great they are, in the flesh. I'm really excited to try the BB cream, the growth mascara and growth serum. 
The final demo of the day was from MeMeMe. Again, another makeup brand I'm in love with and I've also featured products on my blog before. No word of a lie, the products are high end quality but within a budget friendly price range. I've told so many people how their products are amazing dupes for high end products. 

The gorgeous and talented Joan transformed a room upstairs in Costigans, into a boudoir, fit for a goddess. There was a large table with products grouped together, so if you wanted to put a look together, Joan had designed what products would match what (really liked that element) 

She also had a dressing table area where we were free to try out all the products on show. I was in my element. It was so much fun seeing what everyone had used. With all the makeup, trying out new products and asking what someone had used, it was a makeup addicts dream.

We also got an exclusive look at some new launches including an eyeshadow palette and makeup brushes (which I can't wait for)

The event wrapped at about 7pm. Myself and Fiona gave everyone some more goodies (it was like Christmas had come early with the amount of products we all got to take home) and we finally got to unwind and enjoy a glass of wine.

__________________________________

I want to thank you all for your generosity, time and effort you put into your demos. We are so grateful for you taking part in our very first blogger event and we enjoyed every second. You really made the evening something special and topped off the event on a huge high.

Thank you for surprising us with some amazing goody bags too, we were all spoiled rotten and I cannot wait to test all the products you so kindly gave to us on the day. 

Thanks to everyone who attended the meet up and made the day amazing. It was great meeting you all and putting faces to names. I've been twitter friends and blog fans of you all, so I was so delighted to have you there. I also want to thank the stunning Fiona, my co-organiser and co-host. Without you Fiona, I don't know what I would have done. We made such a great team and I enjoyed planning this whole event so much. You made it super easy and so much fun. I had such a laugh with you and I couldn't think of a better person to plan this event with. 


Check out what else we did on the day:
Blogger Meetup Part 1 | Lush
Blogger Meetup Part 2 | Debenhams

You Might Also Like

0 comments