Travel Diary | Ultimate Travel

10:00

As you all know I am back blogging after taking a few months off to backpack Australia, New Zealand and Fiji. I am going to start my travel diary series by talking about Ultimate Travel, the travel agent I chose to help me plan my trip. Before going away I did months and months of research, emailing numerous travel agencies with an idea of the kind of trip I was hoping to do. I was getting really frustrated with not being abale to find an agency that was willing to offer me what I wanted to do at a price point I had in mind.

That was until I found Ultimate travel, based in Sydney Australia. I emailed them with an idea of what I hoped to do and see and got a very friendly reply from one of their agents Max. He wanted to get to know me as a person and instantly became someone I could trust. Unlike other agencies I emailed, I didn't feel like he was out to get a quick sale. There was numerous emails back and forth where I asked a million questions and he would send back indepth answers, knowledge and personal experiences. He even sent me personal photos from the time he did a similar trip.

After deciding I wanted him to plan my trip, we discussed in more detail what I wanted and he organised a complete package for me (which allowed me to see family in Adelaide and drive the Great Ocean Road before hand) I would connect to a tour in Sydney and travel with Greyhound bus tours along the East Coast of Australia (which would last a month and end in Cairns) then I would fly to Auckland, do a 15 day Topdeck Kiwi Encounter bus tour of New Zealand (north and south island) and then fly to Fiji for a 3 week package of island hopping the Yasawas islands.

We had numerous phone conversations and then I was sent a full iternary (and calendar) of what was included and the price I would pay for everything. I was so surprised with the amount of work Max had done and he had taken everything into consideration. I was so happy with what he had done, I was even more excited about going. Every detail from where I would stay, how long I would be in each place and what times of transfers I would get, was included in the itenerary I was sent which meant I could relax and not worry. I was able to pay a deposit way in advance so the trips could be locked in and then a few weeks before leaving, I was able to pay the remainder.

Once I paid, I got instant confirmation, accomodation vouchers and vouchers for all the activities I was doing for the whole trip. During the whole time away, Max was only an email away if I needed any advice or help (even after coming home he's mailed me to make sure I enjoyed myself)

The whole trip went so smoothly, I enjoyed the whole trip without having to worry or stress. It was my first time backpacking trip (so I was a little nervous at the beginning) but I have to say, Max made the whole thing effortless, easy and so much fun. During my trip, I spoke to so many other travellers and explained what I was doing and how much I paid, to which they were shocked (a lot of them paid twice the amount for half of the time) so I was even more happy to know I hadn't spent more then I should have.

I had no intensions of doing a post on the travel agent I picked but after coming home and having such an amazing time and seeing what a great job Max did, I knew I had tell everyone. I would highly recommend him as a travel agent. Even if you would like a quote or a chat about ideas you have for travelling, do check them out with the link at left at the beginning of this post. There was so many inclusions and extra activities included in each package. I can't wait to share some of my favourite activities with you so look out for more travel diary posts in the coming weeks.

Travel Diary Pt.2  | Travelling Austrailia on a budget
Travel Diary Pt.3 | Making coconut jewelery in Fiji 
Travel Diary Pt.4 | Top 5 New Zealand


You Might Also Like

0 comments