Avocado Recipe Ideas

10:00

Recently I have been eating a lot of avocado (and I mean a lot). I've been putting it in absolutely everything (you'd swear it was going out of fashion the way I've been going). Maybe because it's Summer and they're more readily available or maybe it's from travelling Australia (they put the stuff in everything) that I've just got a taste for it. I really don't know where the obsession has come from but none the less, it's been in my diet way more then normal. So today I thought I'd share some of the ways I've been including it into my meals and give you some inspiration on how to use it.

Option 1:
Sharer plate using baked camembert, hot baguette, salad, avocado, parma ham, olives, grapes and sliced tomato.

This is one of my favourite things to eat and is perfect for Summer BBQs or just having friends over for a chat. Place everything on sharer boards and serve with side plates. Taking a little bit of everything and creating different combinations is so much fun. Dipping the hot bread into the avocado and then into the stringy hot cheese is just amazing.

Option 2: Ryvita, half an avocado, slices of smoked salmon dressed with a handful of basil leaves, tomato, radish and finished with a natural yogurt, mint and lemon juice sauce.

The ryvita makes this a very healthy option and adds a bit of crunch to the dish. Layering the ingredients on top like an open sandwich makes it look really appealing. The basil makes it really fresh and using natural yogurt as a sauce again is just another healthy alternative to top off the dish. 

Option 3:
Burritos filled with brown rice, avocado, steak, spring onion, pepper, hot sauce and a light sprinkle of cheese (optional)

This is a very filling and tasty meal which is perfect for dinner. Mix the avocado with hot sauce or fresh chilli for a kick. If you prefer to have no carbs, use a bowl instead of a wrap and minus the rice in replace of lettece leaves. This is perfect for feeding large groups of people as you can prepare all the elements and just lay them out for everyone to help themselves.

I hope you've enjoyed this post and it's given you some inspiration for recipes with avocado. Don't forget to leave me a comment, tweet (@sarah_hamersley) or snap me (@sarah.hamersley) if you try any of these yourself. I'd love to see what creations you come up with.

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. These pictures are making me drool! I absolutely love avocado and that Camembert looks so delicious!

    Www.coleoftheball.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks Nicole. Yeah they do look really tasty (I'm even drooling and it's my post haha)camembert is such a yummy snack to have with avocado. I hope you try it and let me know what you think x

      Delete
  2. my mouth is watering just looking at these pics! i would love some baked camembert right now! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha loads of people have messaged me the same thing. They are super tasty and super easy to make. I would eat baked camembert everyday if I could :) x

      Delete