Food Diary | June

10:00

 I've come to the realisation that I post a lot of what I eat on social media and lots of you have said how much you like my food pics. So I thought I would start a monthly food diary and once a month I would do a favourites food post. Most of my meals are light and super easy to prepare so they can be made and ready to eat without any fuss. With the long hours I work now, I don't want to fall into bad habits so I try to eat as healthy as I can but also have little treats here and there. Here's my favourite things I've eaten over the last few weeks.


Breakfast:
Since coming home from travelling, my breakfast of choice has been pretty much the same thing. If you follow me on snapchat you'll have seen this featured loads. It's healthy, filling and keeps me going till lunch.

  • Plain Muesli with hazelnut or almond milk
  • Alpro vanilla yogurt
  • Fruit (bananas, blueberries or strawberries)
  • Squeeze of honey

Dessert:
This is such an easy dessert to make and it looks really cute in a glass as you can see all the layers. It has just the right amount of sweetness to curb any cravings and is very satisfying without being too naughty.

  • Crushed biscuits mixed with peanut butter
  • Layered with alpro vanilla yogurt
  • Sliced strawberries and blueberries
  • Shavings of dark or milk chocolate
  • Sprinkled with coconut


Dinner
Stuffed portbello mushrooms have become a new favourite of mine. You can pack them with loads of veggies and serve with panchetta, mash, salad, cous cous or just alone as a light lunch. My favourite filling consists of the following-

  • Mashed avocado
  • Fried peppers
  • Sprinkled with feta or slices of goats cheese

Nibbles
One thing I'm quite partial to is olives. If I'm at home or at an Italian restuarant, I will devour an entire bowl of olives if they are put in front of me. I love mixing black and green with sundried tomatoes, bits of mozerella cheese and crusty bread with balsamic vinegar all washed down with a cheeky glass of wine. It's not something I have all the time but definitely something I love to nibble on once or twice a month.


Treat 
I don't know why but camambert has become my treat of choice this month. Ever since my avocado recipe post where I included camambert (which so many of you loved), I've actually become obsessed. I had some in my fridge ready for when I wanted a cosy night in. It's so satisfying and my tummy loves me so much when it gets a kick of warm melted cheese.

  • Cook for 20/25 mins at 180
  • Serve with warm crusty bread
  • Smashed avocado
  • Seedless grapes

And that brings us to the end of this months favourites. If you want to see more recipes, make sure you're following me on instagram (@sarah_hamersley) as I post there quite a lot. Also feel free to leave me a comment on your favourite recipe and look out for my food favourites round up next month.

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. It all looks so delicious! I particularly like the look of the layered dessert- I've got such a sweet tooth and am always looking for desserts that aren't too unhealthy so I might have to give this a try :)

    ReplyDelete