Summer Skincare Essentials

10:00

As I write this post, I'm singing "Sun is shining, the weather is sweet yeah" It is a gorgeous sunny day and I'm blogging in my garden (little things like this make me very happy) The one thing I used to worry about when the sun came out, was my skincare. I wanted products that would keep my skin feeling hydrated, protected, looking bright and feeling loved. So today I'm going to do a quick run through of my favourite Summer skincare products that keep my skin stresses at bay.

This Works Energy Bank Skin Glow: I recently reviewed this product and I can't go a day without using it. It's the perfect addition to my skincare routine, it fits into my makeup bag perfectly and has everything I was looking for in a skincare product. It's a multifunctioning serum that primes, hydrates, brightens and I've found a massive difference in my skin since using it. Check out my review for more information.

Eight Hour Cream: This is a cult classic and a must for every beauty junkie. This is something I swear by and was another essential product I brought with me while travelling. If you don't have at least two of these in your collection, then there's something wrong. It's amazing for dry skin (no matter where it is on your body) so sunburn, chapped lips, dry heels, hands...anywhere you get dry skin, this beauty will fix it. I also used it to ease the itch of insect bites but mainly I used it as a night time mask. 20 minutes before sleeping I applied it (as it is quite thick and a little sticky, so it  needs time to soak in) and would wake up in the morning feeling all new again and ready to take on another sunny day. I still use it as a night cream when I need an extra boost and never leave the house without a tube in my handbag.

Micellar Oil Infused Water: The last thing you want to do when you cleanse is strip your skin of oils. The cleanser I've been obsessed with is the new micellar oil infused water. I was a fan of the original but I did find my skin a little dry after. The oil infused one doen't do that. Before I use it I give the product a good shake and then pour some onto two large cotton pads and massage around my face. The oil lifts the dirt, grim and makeup off my face (even waterproof mascara) without the need to rub really really hard (it even lifts benefit they're real mascara with ease) The micellar water stops my skin feeling dehydrated and the added oil stops my skin feeling dry. It's an amazing combination, really affordable and a Summer must have.

P20 Sunscreen: This was the only sun protection product I trusted and used for my backpacking trip around Australia, New Zealand and Fiji recently. I have continued to use it since coming home as well. While I was away I applied it once in the morning and then again in the evening (as the sun was crazy hot) and I didn't get burnt or peel once. I went between factor 20 and 50, depending on how hot it was. I had the palest Irish skin before leaving and I am now browner then any fake tan I ever used. I've never been this tanned in my life and defintely owe a lot of it to this product as it protected me, while also allowing my skin to breath and tan. It's water resistant, protects from UVA and UVB rays, is very easy to apply and dries in very quickly.

Make sure to tweet me (@sarah_hamersley), snap me (sarah.hamersley) or leave me a comment with what skincare products you need in your life this Summer.

You Might Also Like

0 comments