Food Diary | July

10:00

I'm back again with another monthly food favourites. This month was my birthday month so I ate out quite a bit (everyone I know wanted to take me out for meals....which I later found out was a decoy to have a few too many cheeky cocktails) So there's a mixture of tasty restaurant food and healthy home prepared options in this months food favourites.


Pizza:
There's something very satifying about making your own pizza. I had ordered one in a restaurant and then went home and recreated it myself. I had it with a simple tomato, mozzarella, basil salad and then doubled up on carbs with baby potatoes in rosemary.

  • Jus Roll Pastry
  • Tomato puree
  • Goats cheese, sundried tomatoes, peppers, olives, rocket
  • Drizzled with balsamic glaze

Salad:
I do love a good salad. They can be russled up with what ever you have floating around in your fridge. This was one of my favs I made this month.

  • Spinach
  • Grapes
  • Blue cheese
  • Pecans and walnuts
  • Diced Apple
  • Beetroot lettece leaves

Snack:
My favourite snack of choice has been Ryvita Thins in sundried tomato and herb flavour with hummous. They are like thin wafer crackers that are really light but super moreish. It's one of those snacks that just hits the spot and kept me away from having massive bars of chocolate. It's also really easy to carry as a travelling snack or to enjoy in the evenings when I've been editing/writing posts.


Lunch:
One thing I've had pretty much every weekend this month has been a toasted panini with brie and cranberry sauce. I found a little cafe close to my new house that does this whole meal (chips and salad included) for less then £6, which is perfect for my pocket and kept my tummy satisfied when I was Saturday shopping. I had never had this combination before and loved it so much I ordered it everytime I went in.


Birthday Lunch:
I was treated to Burger and Lobster for my birthday lunch this month. I had never been but was talking about going for a special occasion for ages (thankfully someone listened and brought me on my birthday) I got half a lobster, half a burger, side salad and fries which was so so filling but so so good. It's probably the most full I've been in the month and nearly fell asleep on the train on the way home after. It was so good and definietly somewhere I'd recommend if you're looking for a fancy place to go for lunch.

So that concludes a run down of this months food diary. As always, let me know what you think and if you try any of the things I suggest. Check out last months Food Diary-June if you missed it and watch out for one in August.

You Might Also Like

0 comments