Date Night at The Phene

10:00

Recently I was treated to a night out in Chelsea and was taken to a cosy pub called The Phene. (Apparently it's been featured in Made In Chelsea and is owned by Lucys dad...so if you're a fan you'll know exactly what I'm on about) I had such a great night and enjoyed the food, the decor and how lovely the staff were (especially our waiter Francesco...he has the best Italian accent and called me "darling" all night..such a sweetie). So I thought I'd be a good blogger and tell you all about it.

The pub is loacted kind of off the beaten track, secluded amoung Chelsea town houses which is such a lovely setting. The minute I walked in I felt very sophisticated but cool at the same time. The decor is a mixture of artisitic pops of colour, modern metals, rustic wood, masculine leathers, with dim over head lights, candles and massive lampshades (of course the blogger in me kicked in and I was snapping every angle)

Thankfully, for my other half, our table was ready straight away and he didn't have to watch me get the perfect angle of a copper tea light holder (you just can't take us bloggers anywhere these days when it comes to copper) 

The main restaurant area was closed due to not many reservations, but the little restaurant area we sat in was still just as lovely. Again we were surrounded by amazing decor and a wall full of framed mirrors (which made me want to have a featured mirrored wall in my house)

Once we sat I had time to also take notice of the music (I'm such a weirdo when it comes to background music) For me, music is so important (it really does set the tone of a place and for me is probably as important as the food) I loved the music so much I had my shazam set to auto so it would download the music straight to my phone (Check out Without You-Sampha and you'll get what I mean)

The menu is full of exciting combinations I'd never tried before and had such a great variety of vegetarian, vegan and gluten free options. For starters we tried the duck egg, asparagus, shaved truffle and parmesan with red pepper coulis. Then had the seam bream ceviche, avocado and red quinoa (which is a fresh raw fish dish and is served cold) It was so much fun to try something new and be surprised by how tasty it was. For mains we had steak and chips (which literally melted in the mouth and was cooked perfectly) along with stuffed aubergine (which for me was the only thing that was kind of disappointing) I'm not a food critic but you know when you just feel something missing. It had no textures so it was all just a bit soft and mushy.



Thankfully the desserts stole the show and made everything all ok again. The millionaires cheesecake was like a slice from heaven. I was sold on the salted caramal sauce but when it came out and was topped with what looked like liquid gold, I was making every oh and aw sound imginable. We also had the white chocolate parfait which was topped with a citrus sauce and pistachios. Again I like where has this been all my life (Luckily I managed to capture a quick snap cause they were both gone in literaly 2 point 5 seconds)


The last little touch I really liked was that the bill came in a book which I'd never seen before and again just topped off the character and feel of the place. It's so simple but it stood out to me as being something different, unique and discreet.

The portions did seem small at first but we both went home with very full and satisfied stomachs. So if you are looking for somewhere special to go for a meal or even a few after work drinks, I definitely think this is a great place to check out (it'll make you feel like you're a celeb for the night and you never know, you might even see a few while you're there) Plus there's a gorgeous garden to eat and drink in too (so I'll be going again soon while the weather is still good enough to enjoy it)

I really hope you liked this post and enjoyed hearing about this night. Let me know what you think on all the usual social media places (Insta and twitter @sarah_hamersley) and I'll catch you all in my next post.

You Might Also Like

7 comments

  1. This blog is really awesome thus i need more number of information and it is very useful and very clear to understand.

    Informatica Training in Chennai

    ReplyDelete
  2. I come to know many more solutions about this concept it is really good and thanks for providing this valuable information which is really good and awesome.


    Informatica Training in Chennai

    ReplyDelete
  3. i got some more information about this topic, it is really helpful for me thanks for sharing those information. i need more information about this concept.

    Informatica Training in Chennai

    ReplyDelete
  4. All are saying the same thing repeatedly, but in your blog I had a chance to get some useful and unique information, I love your writing style very much, I would like to suggest your blog in my dude circle, so keep on updates. Thanks for sharing and keep update more info for us. eagarly waiting for you tech service.
    Software Testing Training

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your post is really good. Thank you for taking time to provide us some of the useful and exclusive information with us. Keep on blogging!

    Informatica Training in Chennai

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for sharing such a nice and interesting blog with us. I have seen that all will say the same thing repeatedly. But in your blog, I had a chance to get some useful and unique information. I would like to suggest your blog in my dude circle. please keep on updates. hope it might be much useful for us. keep on updating...
    Android training in chennai

    ReplyDelete
  7. Superb Blog. I really enjoyed very much with this article here. Really its a amazing article i had ever read. I hope it will help a lot for all. Thank you so much for this amazing posts and please keep update like this excellent article.thank you for sharing such a great blog with us. expecting for your updation.
    Hadoop Training in chennai

    ReplyDelete