Blog Awards

10:00

As you all know this week I flew (with Sam) to Dublin for the Littlewoods Ireland Blog Awards because my little blog made the final selection in the diaspora category (this is for Irish bloggers who live abroad) I was so thrilled and happy to even be nominated, let alone be in the final and have my blog name printed in the brochure (which I will put straight into my memory box at home as a keep safe because it's just sooo cool)

So when we realised our hotel was on the opposite side of Dublin to the event, that my phone navigation wasn't working (meaning we got lost and ended up going through Dublin City Centre instead of on the M50) I still had a smile on my face and was buzzing with excitement.

Once we drove up along Dun Laoghaire pier, we saw the big top tent-we had made it to the circus and saw everyone dressed up in costumes and fancy dress makeup. We were spolied straight away and got a wristband for free drinks, free food, a free snack and got to take in all the atmosphere while sitting under the Just Eat picnic table umbrellas (I had never gone to anything like this before so was in awe and felt a bit nervous because I wasn't expecting it to be that big and for so many people to be there)

Inside the big tent we got to sit right by the stage, watch loads of amazing circus acts and be able to see all the winners claim their prizes. As I had expected, I didn't win, but as I'd said, I hadn't gone for that. I wanted to go purely for the fact I had made the final and had never made it that far in a blog awards process before. It was great to be part of such an amazing night and to be amoung like minded positive people who all want to help each other out and support each other.

As promised I did vlog my whole trip and the night so if you want to see exactly what I got up to and how amazing the event really was, then follow this link to watch my video. Thank you again for your continued support. I know I've said this loads, but it means so much to me and I hope this is the start of more exciting blog things to come.

You Might Also Like

0 comments