Food Diary | October

10:00


Can I just start by saying where the hell has this year gone? Honestly... Every monthly food favourites comes around so fast but how is it the end of October already? Anyway, yes, hello...and welcome to another round up of my favouite recipes of the month. I'm already getting hungry looking at my pictures and remembering some of the gorgeous food I've had this month.....so let's just crack on shall we.

Spicy Breaded Chicken
I love making my own spicy bread crumbs to go with chicken. It adds a nice kick to the meat and stops it being plain and boring.

For the breadcrumbs, blend bread to a sand consistancy, add paprika, tobasco or chopped chillies (depending how spicy you want it) and coat the chicken in egg before covering in the spice mix. Bake for 25-30 mins until the chicken is cooked through and serve with avocado, spinach and tomato.
 

Biscoff Doughnuts 
My favourte dessert of the month has to be the biscoff cheesecake doughnuts I got in Shorditch this month. OOOOOh....MYYYY...GAAWWWD....words do not describe how amazing this was. It's from a company called 'you doughnuts' and available at 'Street Feast' which is a permanent street market area in Shorditch. It has loads of street food stalls and bars and when I ended my night by having one of these, I felt like I had gone to heaven. In a tub I got loads of little cinnamon sugared doughnuts, topped with biscoff mousse and biscoff crumble (wish I had one now (makes a little wimper sound))


Pan Fried Cod 
My fish of choice normally is salmon but this month I tried having cod instead. I served it with green beans, a vegetable mix quinoa (red peppers, onions, turmeric, salt, pepper, garlic and herb seasoning) a spicy tomato sauce (tin of tomatos, tomato puree, onion, red pepper, oregano, chilli flakes) and topped with grated parmeasan.


Vegetarian Borritos 
As a subsitute for meat, I used sweet potato in my burritos this month. I sliced and cooked them until soft in an oven 180 degrees for 30 mins. I layered them in a flour tortilla with onions, peppers, rice, tomato, salsa, refried beans, cheese and served it with a fresh crunchy salad and salsa sour cream dip.


Homemade Pizza
Ok so I didn't homemake the base (if you can make one then please let me know cause I'd love to try to make that from scratch) I did cheat and buy a pre-prepared pastry base for my pizza. I cut it into a circle and doubled over the edge to make a crust and stop the ingredients over flowing around the sides (which kind of didn't work as you can see) I added tomato puree on the base, sundried tomatos, spinach, goats cheese, a seasonal herb and spice mix. I was so suprised how well it turned out but as I said I would love to try my hand at making the pizza base myself since I have my favourite toppings sorted.

So there you have it. Hope this has given you some inspiration for recipes and you enjoyed this months selection. If you have any suggestions or recipes please do tweet or tag me on instagram (@sarah_hamersley) . For more ideas check out my other food diary posts and I'll chat to you soon.

Food Diary August
Food Diary July
Food Diary June

You Might Also Like

0 comments