Stuffed Sweet Potato Recipe

10:00

Weekends for me revolve heavily around food. I usually look up recipes, meal plan and do my weekly food shop. My weekdays are usually really busy so I love having loads of healthy food options prepared in the fridge. That way I can throw something together that's quick, healthy and filling when I get in from work.

Today, during my meal planning I came across a vegetarian lunch recipe of stuffed sweet potato from Jamie Oliver, which looked so yummy, I knew I had to cook it for my lunch today. It was so delicious I couldn't wait till the end of the month to share it with you in my monthly food favourites post and thought it deserved a blog post all to itself.

You will need:

Sweet potato
Olive Oil
Salt and pepper

For the salad:
Carrot
Red Onion
Apple
Radish
Beetroot
Lemon juice

For the sauce:
160g Fat Free Natural Yogurt
Lemon zest
1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin

For the top:
Rocket Salad
Pumpkin seeds
Sunflower seeds

Wash the sweet potato, keep the skins on and coat in olive oil, salt and pepper. Bake in the oven for 40 minutes at 180 degrees/Gas Mark4 until cooked and soft.

Mix all the ingredients for the sauce together and leave to the side.

Grate or finely chop all the salad ingredients together in a separate bowl. Add the lemon juice last to stop the apple going brown.

Lightly toast the seeds on a low heat in a frying pan (without oil) so that they go soft.

When the potato is cooked, cut in half and slightly smash with a fork. Layer with the yogurt sauce, then the crunchy salad and top with the rocket salad and finish with the seeds.
It is so easy to make and tastes so good. The mixture of flavours is so amazing, it's super healthy, really filling and looks so colourful. I hope you enjoyed this more in depth recipe post and that you do try it for yourself, I promise you won't be disappointed. Please let me know what you think by leaving a comment or tweeting me (@sarah_hamersley) and I'll chat to you soon.

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. This looks so delicious, I love sweet potatoes!

    Coleoftheball xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was so tasty and really easy to make. I have sweet potoato all the time and it's great when you want carbs put don't want something really heavy in your stomach. I'm going to make sweet potato fries and then have the yogurt sauce from this as a healthy dipping sauce.Hope you try it xxx

      Delete
  2. Guess what I am having for dinner tonight? This looks delicious! Thanks for sharing

    Sarah's Abode -xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw I'm glad it gave you some inspiration, it really is as yummy and tasty as it looks. Do let me know if you make it and what you think. I'm already excited about making it again xx

      Delete