The Body Shop Superfood Face Masks

10:00

This year I have become so obsessed with The Body Shop. I loved their Pinita Colada Range in the Summer and now my whole skincare routine solely consists of The Body Shop products (if you said I was a super fan you'd be on the right track). 

The one thing I was missing from my skincare routine was a facemask. I've tried so many in my time and had so many issues (due to my sensitive skin I've had to be really careful about what facemasks I've used...I've even had bad reactions to products from LUSH)

So when I heard about the new facemasks from The Body Shop and tested them without any issues, I was sold. I have been multimasking with them once a week for the past few months, so I thought it was about time I shared them with you.

The first one I picked up was the Himalayan Charcoal Purifying Glow Mask (£15) This mask contains bamboo charcoal, green tea leaves and organic tea tree oil which draws out impurities, absorbs exces oil and refines pores so is definitely aimed towards oily areas of the skin. I use this on my chin and forehead as these are my most oily areas and are the places I have breakouts.

It's a soft consistancy so can be applied easily with a mask brush or with fingers, it has a little tinkle effect on the skin (which is like a little patter of fingerprints that are tapping the oils out of the skin) and it dries to a light grey colour after a few minutes (which lets you know it's time to wash it off)

The bamboo particles act like little exfoliators, so when you rinse in circular motions, you're also gently geting rid of any dead skin cells.
The second one I picked up was the Ethiopian Honey Deep Nourishing Mask (£15) This mask contains honey, marula and olive oil which norishes and replenishes moisture so is aimed at more dryer skin. I apply this to the rest of my face including my top lip, cheeks and nose.

The consistancy looks like honey and smells like honey but it's not really sickly sweet in smell or sticky in texture at all. Again I apply this with a mask brush or fingers and it sits really well on my skin without moving or dripping.


Once they are applied, I wait 5-10 minutes (depending how quick the mud mask dries) Lounge about in my pjs and sports bra, have a cup of tea and then rinse off with warm water. I then proceed to annoy everyone who's in ear shot to come feel how soft my face is.

If you are like me and have condracting skin issues, then multimasking is for you. I would definitely recommend you check out the full range and I'm sure you'll find the right combination of masks to tackle your skin issues. The charcoal mask is 100% vegan, the honey mask is 100% vegetarian and they are formulated without parabens, paraffin, silicone or mineral oil. I am so happy with how my skin is looking this year and it's really boosted my confidence having a good skin care routine that really works for me.

Let me know what you think of these products, all my social media links are below and as always I'll chat to you soon.

You Might Also Like

0 comments