Itsu Miso Soup

10:00

Yesterday I reviewed itsu crispy seaweed thins and chatted about their new healthy snack range available in supermarkets. It's currently 11pm, I'm just home from the gym, have work in the morning and poured myself one of these itsu miso soups before getting into bed and suddenly got very inspired to share my thoughts with you.

Itsu Miso Soups packets contain 3 sachets of instant soup in a zip lock bag. There are 3 flavours to choose from, original, vegetarian and gluten free, all of which are 45 calories or less. You simply just pour the contents into a bowl or cup, add 3/4 boiling water and stir.

The big difference between this and other instant soups on the market is it's a paste rather then a powder so when the water is added and you stir, there's no nasty undissolved powder towards the end (perfect for using in a cup). The paste is a brown colour and melts instantly once the water is added so I was instantly impressed by that and I didn't have to stir it for ages to blend the water with the product, it pretty much just formed a soup on it's own.

The next thing that suprised me was the flavour. Like the other snacks I tried from the range, the Asian flavours are amazing and exploded in the mouth straight away. You get a hit of soya, soy sauce and bits of seaweed when you drink it (the seaweed is a nice texture, not too chewy or rubbery)

So why try miso? Well miso is one of those superfoods that's gives your body loads of nutrients, vitamins and protein, it helps with your digestive system and enhances the immune system (it's no wonder people in Japan start their day with a bowl of miso soup) so if you're looking for a handy way to incorporate superfoods into your diet, this might be the product for you.

The only thing I would say is the level of salt is very dominant (which is simply down to the ingredients) and is something to just be aware of. If the taste of salt is too much, simply just use the paste as a marinade for chicken (it is really amazing as a marinade and adds some gorgeous flavour to a plain dish)

I think these are very handy snacks to have and something that can be used at any time of the day whether you have it alone or as part of a meal. A pack of three sachets retails for around £2 and are available in Tesco, Sainsburys, Morissons and online at Amazon and Ocado. I'm delighted to be introduced to this range and to have more healthy snack options on my radar. I hope you enjoyed finding out about more products from the itsu grocery range and that you keep an eye out for them in your local supermarket. Let me know what you think by leaving a comment down below or tweeting me @sarah_hamersley. Chat to you all very soon.

You Might Also Like

0 comments